If there is more than one entry from FREE NOW on your bank statement relating to a recent order with us, then please be assured that you are unlikely to have been double charged. Instead, one of the entries is likely to be a Card pre-authorisation, and not a charge.
- FREE NOW uses card pre-authorisations to ensure that the payment method is valid and that you have enough funds available to pay the fare.
- The pre-authorisation is a temporary hold of funds from your account, which happens at the time you order your ride.
- At the end of your trip this pre-authorisation will be converted into the final charge.
Why does both the pre-authorisation and the final charge appear on my statement?
- Sometimes your bank statement isn’t updated immediately, meaning that you see both the pre-authorisation and the final charge on your statement.
- This will automatically correct itself in the coming days.
- If you are still seeing both entries on your statement after 5 working days, we recommend you contact your bank.
You can find more on pre-authorisations, here.