We'll let you know about a failed payment via email within days of the failed payment occurring. Here's what may have happened:
- Expired credit card
- Exceeding your monthly/weekly payment limit
- Insufficient funds in your bank account
- Another reason invoked by your bank or payment provider
If you haven't manually settled the outstanding payment via the app, we'll proceed with automatically retrying to charge the failed payment, and you'll be notified by email when the payment has been settled successfully.
How to settle a debt
- Upon opening the FREE NOW app, a pop-up message will appear requesting you to settle the outstanding fare
- Tap 'Pay' in order to complete this. You can select another payment method if needed
In case the app gets stuck, follow these steps:
- Close and reopen the app
- Go to your profile by selecting your profile picture in the top right corner
- Go to 'Trips'
- Select the service to be paid for and cancel the debt
Bear in mind that you won't be able to use the service until the outstanding amount is paid.
If you have further issues settling an outstanding fare, get in touch with our Passenger Care Team directly. They'll be more than happy to help!