We are increasing our efforts to protect drivers and passengers using the app.
In order to make your experience when travelling with us as comfortable as possible, we have some recommendations for using FREE NOW during COVID-19 if you need to travel.
Recommendations for you when travelling:
- Please wear a face covering at all times
- We recommend a maximum of two passengers travel together in the taxi and always sit in the back seat
- Choose a Credit/Debit card as a payment method to avoid physical interaction with the driver and handling of cash. If you book by cash unintentionally, you can always switch payment method during your trip, just mention it to your driver, and please note that you must swipe to confirm this change at the end of your trip
- Always enter your destination when booking, again to avoid interacting with your driver
- Remember to wash your hands before and after your trip
- If you are feeling unwell please do not travel.
Please see the HSE.ie website for the most up to date and accurate information.
Book a taxi with a partition screen in Dublin.
Drivers are also playing their part during the crisis. So we ask that you follow the guidelines we’ve recommended to not only protect yourself but your driver too.
Below, we’ve outlined what we’ve recommended to drivers when using FREE NOW.
Our recommendations to Drivers
To wear a face covering at all times
Keep surfaces clean, and disinfect the car after each journey, especially seat belts
Keep the car ventilated and do not use air conditioning
Wash and disinfect hands properly and often
Not to travel if feeling unwell
We have recommended that drivers have a partition screen fitted, with the exception of multi-seater vehicles where social distancing can be maintained
Drivers should not carry more than two passengers at a time and they should always sit in the backseat
Drivers should open and close doors for passengers to reduce surface transmission