To add a new payment method to your FREE NOW account, please follow the steps below:
1. Tap on the Profile icon in the top right-hand corner of the map screen (Image 1)
2. Select 'Wallet' (Image 2)
3. Tap on the 'Plus' (+) symbol in the top-right hand corner to add a new payment method or PayPal (Image 3)
4. To add a credit or debit card select 'Credit/Debit Card' (Image 4)
5. Enter your card details and click 'Save card' (Image 5)
6. To link your PayPal with your FREE NOW account simply select 'Paypal' You'll be prompted to sign in to your PayPal account and to create a billing agreement with FREE NOW (Image 6)
You can save multiple debit/credit cards to your account. However, please note that existing payment method details cannot be changed (i.e., card details entered incorrectly). To update a payment method, you have to remove the old payment method first.
First-order with a new payment method
Please note that whenever you place an order with a newly added payment method, FREE NOW will pre-authorise your payment method. This means that a temporary hold of funds, based on the type of order you are making, is taken.
This is to ensure the payment method is valid, and that we can ensure your driver is paid for their services. If you'd like to know more about how pre-authorisations work, please check out our section: Pre-authorisation/pending transaction FAQs.