You may notice surge pricing when the fare of your trip is higher than usual. Surge pricing is used when there is high demand in a specific area and there aren't enough drivers to fulfil this demand.
FREE NOW use surge pricing to attract more drivers to this area in order to minimise waiting time for the passengers requesting trips. Surge pricing is applied to the overall final fare (excluding fees) and can be up to 3.0 x the original price.
It's important to note, surge pricing only applies to Ride (PHV) trips made in London and does not affect Taxi (Black Cab) trips.
To be as transparent as possible, we'll always show if surge is being applied when you're quoted for the trip. You'll be able to see the surge symbol when choosing a fleet type (Image 1).
To see a full price break down:
- Tap on the fleet you are wanting to look into (Image 1)
- Tap on the purple arrow in the bottom right-hand corner of that fleet type (Image 2)
- This will take you through to the trip details
- Tap 'Price Breakdown' which you'll find underneath the 'fixed fare price' (Image 3)
- A full price breakdown will pop up (Image 4)
If you have any further questions regarding surge pricing please contact our Passenger Care Team directly. They'll be happy to help!