If you pick up a passenger off the street that hasn't booked your vehicle but has a FREE NOW account, they are able to pay for the trip using their account. This method of payment is often referred to as a 'Hop on' trip.
Make sure your passenger has confirmed their payment before they leave your vehicle to avoid any issues with payment connection. You can input a destination on the app if the passenger wants to pay via Pay with FREE NOW at the start of the journey.
To be able to let the passenger pay via the app please follow our steps below:
- Tap the feature bar at the bottom of your screen (Image 1)
- Click the ‘Pay with FREE NOW’ button and ‘Go’ on the pop-up (Image 2).
- After confirming that the passenger has their FREE NOW app open and that GPS is enabled on their phone, you will be able to connect with them via the app (Image 3).
- If you can’t find the passenger you are looking for, tap the ‘Enter’ button and enter their phone number. By entering their number, the job will automatically be sent to the passenger’s phone via the app.
- Input the metered fare on the app (Image 5). As soon as this is done, the passenger will be notified and asked to confirm the payment on their phone (Image 6).
- The passenger will now see a payment confirmation screen. Once the customer has swiped to confirm the payment, the payment will be processed and the job will be completed (Image 6)
are you still having issues creating a 'hop on' trip? Contact our Driver Care Team and they'll be happy to help!