The Insurance Certificate is the document which certifies your vehicle is covered by insurance suitable for Private Hire.
Note: When updating vehicle documents, your documents are only submitted to our team when all of the documents are updated. For example, if your vehicle has two expired/missing documents, our team will not receive the vehicle to validate until the second document is uploaded.
- Must specify that the policy covers Private Hire
- All four corners must be visible
- If you own the vehicle, your details must match all other documents
- Your name must match the name on your DVLA Plastic Driving Licence
- The vehicle registration, make and model must match the V5C Logbook, your Private Hire Vehicle Licence (PHVL) and the vehicle on your FREE NOW profile
- If your policy does not specify your name - you must also provide:
- A Permission Letter - if the policy states “with the permission/consent of the policyholder”
- An Insurance Driver Schedule - if the policy states “see attached schedule”
- If your policy does not specify your vehicle registration - you must also provide:
- An Insurance Vehicle Schedule - if the policy states “see attached schedule”
Common reasons for rejection:
- Is not the formal certificate
- All four corners of the document are not visible
- Policy does not specify that Private Hire is covered
- We cannot accept policies covering Public Hire, Hackney Carriage or Business use
To view and update your Driver or Vehicle Documents now, head to our FREE NOW Driver Portal.