We are working closely with public health authorities and Transport for London to ensure that FREE NOW Passengers and Drivers remain safe during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Please follow the below guidance when travelling with FREE NOW:
- Don't travel if you are feeling unwell - if you feel unwell or have a persistent cough, a fever, or a loss of taste and/or smell, then you should not travel. We recommend that you contact the NHS on 111 to seek expert medical advice.
- It is now a legal requirement to wear a face-covering during your journey - to help reduce the risk of infection to you, your driver and future passengers, please ensure you wear a face covering for the entire period you are in the vehicle. It is now a legal requirement to wear a face covering unless you have a Face Covering Exemption Card. FREE NOW drivers are allowed to refuse your trip should you not have a suitable face covering.
- Wash your hands regularly - regularly wash or disinfect your hands before and after the ride.
- Carry an antibacterial hand gel - if you won't have the opportunity to wash your hands, make sure you are carrying an anti-bacterial hand gel to keep your hands clean.
- Cover your cough or sneeze - use a tissue to cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of the tissue in a bin and wash or anti-bac your hands as soon as you can. If you don't have a tissue then cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- No front-seat passengers - to help ensure social distancing, no passengers are allowed in the front passenger seat of PHV vehicles. This means a maximum of three passengers can be carried in a standard PHV vehicle.
To help keep your safe we are also encouraging FREE NOW Drivers to clean their vehicles more regularly. They are also required by law to wear a face covering while driving.