If you cancel a ride after booking, in some cases you will be charged a Cancellation Fee.
When will I be charged a Cancellation Fee?
- Cancellation Fees are charged on PHV (Ride) Bookings, where you cancel the booking over 2 minutes after it has been placed and the driver has driven more than 100m towards the pickup point.
- If you are not at the pickup point, and the driver is forced to cancel the ride after waiting for you for a period of 8 minutes or more.
How much is the Cancellation Fee?
- You will be charged a Cancellation Fee of £5.
- You'll recieve a separate email invoice showing the cancellation fee whenever this is charged.
Why does FREE NOW charge Cancellation Fees?
- The Cancellation Fee is passed on to drivers, to compensate them for their time and for the expense of travelling to the pickup point.
I don't agree with a Cancellation Fee that I've been charged
- Cancellation Fees are automatically charged based on the outcome of the ride.
- If you believe a cancellation fee was unfairly charged then please submit a request below.