We're sorry to hear you've been charged for a trip you didn't take. There could be a couple of reasons as to why this has happened. Please read through all cases, or jump straight to the situation that sounds most relevant to you.
- You ordered a trip but decided to cancel
- You've received an invoice/receipt for a 'completed' trip, but you asked the driver to cancel
- You haven't ordered or attempted to order a FREE NOW trip recently
If you've attempted to order a trip but the trip wasn't completed or you decided to cancel the trip rest assured it's unlikely you've been charged. Instead, what you'll be seeing is a pre-authorisation. When booking a trip via the FREE NOW app, FREE NOW pre-authorise your payment method to check that your card is valid and that it has sufficient funds to pay for the service requested. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold of funds on your bank account or credit card.
If you've received an invoice/receipt for a 'completed' trip, but you asked for the trip to be cancelled, it's likely that the driver has accidentally clicked 'complete trip' rather than 'cancel trip'. In this case please contact our Passenger Care Team directly. They'll get this sorted for you. When filling out the contact form please include the following:
- The email connected to your FREE NOW account
- The trip you are referring to
- A screenshot of the invoice/receipt you received
If you haven't ordered or attempted to order a trip with FREE NOW recently and believe the transaction may be fraudulent, please take the following steps:
- Change the password to your FREE NOW account. If you're unsure of how to reset your password take a look at our steps, here.
- Contact the FREE NOW Passenger Care Team directly. They'll be able to look into this for you.
- Consider placing a freeze or a block on your payment card - we suggest contacting your bank in order to do this.